Hotel History

The Wildwood Inn opened in 1932. The first room was a one-room cabin that rented for twenty-five cents. In 1962, Gene Kelly purchased the thirty-two room motel. When Gene passed away in 1976, his son, Tom Kelly, took over. In 1978, Tom put the first spa into a room, which was a ground-breaking idea. In 1985, the pool area was enclosed, creating a Tropical Dome. These additions made the Wildwood Inn Tropical Dome and Spa the sensation it is today. In 2004 we started construction on our newest addition that replaced the original building that it all started in. This added twelve more Theme Suites and brought our room total to 122.